Flavour of Italy for Stirling County U15s
You know that there is nothing we like more at The Mackay Clinic than a bit of sport! So it was great to be able to help provide towards new kit for the Stirling Under 15s tour and then to hear that they all had a great time. Well done everyone – we love the photos.
At Stirling County, the U15s is traditionally the year for a European tour and in 2019 the destination was Parma, Italy. As well as being the food capital of Italy, Parma has Zebre, one of the two professional rugby teams in Italy and is a hotbed of Italian rugby. The tour involved 36 boys on a 6-day trip and included:
• A training session run by two Italian rugby internationals from Zebre
• Attending a Zebre squad training session to see how the pros do it
• Watching Zebre vs Connacht in the Pro 14
• Watching Parma FC vs Torino in the Serie A and seeing the Torino ultras up
• A visit to the Ferrari museum, followed by the SCRFC 2004 go-cart championship
• Sightseeing around the beautiful city of Parma and enjoying a pizza and ice cream or two.